"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." E. B. White

Friday, October 18, 2013

All Faiths are Equal

During my time in Nepal and India, I have met people of various religions and beliefs - Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, and Sikhs. Back at home, I also have friends who are Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Mormon, atheist, and probably several other faiths.

I believe that religion should give followers hope and purpose and possibly some moral guidelines. I don't believe that one religion can possibly be the right answer for everyone. During the past month, I have met men and woman with a love of life, service, and others, and I believe that whatever religion they subscribe to is clearly serving them well. 

Anna and I noticed this quote on the wall of the Gandhi memorial museum, and I felt it was appropriate to share in light of our experience here.


All Faiths are Equal
"I believe in [the] fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are god-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed and I believe that, if only we could read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoint of followers of those faiths, we should find that they were [in essence] all One and were all helpful to one another."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          M.K. Gandhi



1 comment:

  1. I read your blog. Such a great information. If anyone wants to enjoy in Sikkim then come with us and get Tour package to Sikkim in Unbeatable price.

    ReplyDelete